Queen Anne Street
Location: London, W1
Service Type: Project & Cost Management
Value of Project: 2.3m
- Refurbishment and merging of three separate late 1890’s terraced houses into11,000 ft2 of modern office accommodation suitable for single tenant occupation.
- The site is in a Conservation Area limiting the extent of the alterations, particularity the location of external mechanical plant
- In order to remove party walls an advanced engineering support system was designed and installed to protect the building during the demolition and construction process
- Careful insertion of approximately 20 tonnes of structural steel to maintain the structural integrity of the building once party walls were removed.
- The scheme was handed over on the original contractual date for completion despite a significant number of design variations being instructed by the Contract Administrator.