114-118 Harley Street
Location: London, W1
Service Type: Project & Cost Management
Value of Project: £10m
- The demolition of an existing structure behind a retained façade and the construction and fit out of in excess of 33,000ft² of speculative open plan offices for commercial medical use.
- Very restricted site, bounded on three sides by highways with restricted access and egress, a Grade 2 Listed Building, and other properties requiring the agreement of Party Wall Awards
- In order to maintain an exacting timetable the methodology for demolition of the existing building and the choice of method of retaining the façade had to be carefully considered
- In the event, the Fit-Out Works were omitted from the Building Contract and the monies became the Landlord’s Contribution to the Tenant’s Fit-Out
- The single phase Building Contract morphed, during the course of construction, into one with six Sections all through negotiation
- The shell and core were successfully handed over on programme and within budget, there is a separate study for the Fit Out Contract.